Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

I like to celebrate Halloween with royalty...

Happy Halloween!!!

I love this day. I love being a cliché on this day...curling up on the couch and reading a good scary book while freaking out every time the doorbell rings...with of course some Jason or Freddy playing on the TV for ambiance...lol

Too bad it's been many a year since I've been able to do that. But in honor of one of my fave authors—and usually my first choice for night's like All Hallow's Evening...here are some awesome quotes from Stephen King...some of them are kinda weird...some of them are funny...all of them are pure Mr. King!



"The devil's voice is sweet to hear."

"We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

"Books are a uniquely portable magic."

"God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live."

"People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk."

"He had a massive stroke. He died with his tie on. Do you think that could be our generation's equivalent of that old saying about dying with your boots on?"

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off.'"

"When asked, "How do you write?" I invariably answer, "One word at a time.""

"The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out."

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool."

"No, it's not a very good story - its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside."

"It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost."

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."

No comments:

Post a Comment