Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

I'm all about rewards and consequences

So here it is, the end of the week. How have I done on my weekly work goals? Um…well…*hangs head* yeah, not so great. But I plan to do better next week!

In fact, I have to—I’ve decided to give myself some tough love. In other words…next week I’m kicking myself in the assets. I’ll write my weekly goals out tomorrow and by next Saturday, if I finish them all, I’ll allow myself to purchase some books I’ve been eyeing. But…if they aren’t finished I won’t be adding to my (already huge) TBR pile.

*nods*

Now, that’s something I can stick to because I’m good at not buying stuff even if I really want it… So, a little self-motivation might just help keep me on the straight and narrow. :)

Will I share my to-do list with you tomorrow? You don’t really wanna see the boring stuff I have to do, do you? We’ll see, how about that?

But I’ll let you know Saturday if I get to splurge on the books I’ve been drooling over.

Curious what they are?

I’ll list a few here (trust me, it’s gonna grow over the week, but I must be strong):

Callum’s Fate by Dianne Hartsock
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
So Into You by Remmy Duchene


So hopefully I’ll be a busy bee and get my work done this week…because I was just perusing the Stephen King section on Amazon and there are so many I haven’t read yet…and so many I wanna get that I’ve lost over the many years. He’s one of the authors I like having in print and e-book. :)

And if I don't meet my weekly goals…well, I'm gonna have to put myself in time out in the corner with a book ~or~ perhaps give myself a spanking. There has to be consequences for being a naughty author…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment